Tuesday, February 23, 2021

So I Did A Thing

 Last Friday I did something that I thought I would never do. I've been separated from D for going on pretty much 4 something years. We have started barely talking again and have both agreed we need to just file for divorce. 



This is something that I have wanted to do for quite a while but was always afraid of him trying to come after me or trying to make it difficult. As luck would have it he is now in a new relationship and is in somewhat of a hurry to cement things by marriage to this other woman. YAY I have my out and without to much fuss. 


So last Friday with all the paperwork filled out and in hand we went down to the courthouse together and filed for divorce. It felt quite empowering to put some finality to this whole situation that has been going on for years. 


With a sigh of relief I can now say once approved by the judge we will be officially be divorced. When I think back to all of the things that I had dealt with over the last few years and things that I wont ever have to deal with again I can honestly say that this is a relief.



Now on to bigger and better things and trust me there will be no marriage in my future that is not something I desire to do again in my lifetime. Happy trails for now

No comments:

Post a Comment